Japan Nite has been dedicated to showcasing both big-name artists from Japan and the country's finest on-the-rise acts since 1996. To celebrate Japan Nite's 21st anniversary, they have organized a great lineup for the 2016 tour, which will kickoff at SXSW music festival in Austin, Texas, and will be followed by a tour across the U.S.
Japan Nite's first showcase will be at Elysium for SXSW on Friday, March 18th. Tempalay, REATMO, Atomic Stooges, Rei and DEXSTRINGs will make their SXSW debuts, alongside jungles!!! and KAO=S. Tempalay is a group from Tokyo that has been steadily rising in popularity since they formed in 2014 and has greatly contributed to the country's lo-fi rock scene. Atomic Stooges caters to Japanese classic rock, while REATMO produces a complex electronic sound that has, among various accolades, won him a co-sign with Maroon 5. Rei and DEXSTRINGs deliver new-wave folk and bluegrass sounds that round out Japan Nite's diverse scope. SXSW veterans KAO=S and jungles!!! are also expected to have an exciting performance as they step back on the festival's stage to ring in Japan Nite's 2016 tour. Tempalay, REATMO and Atomic Stooges will handle the next four tour dates after SXSW accompanied by contemporary-jazz group THE ROAMERS.
- Sunday, March 20 at Knitting Factory Brooklyn (New York, NY) featuring THE ROAMERS, REATMO, Tempalay and Atomic Stooges.
- Monday, March 21 at The Crown (Baltimore, MD) featuring REATMO, Tempalay and Atomic Stooges.
- Tuesday, March 22 at Double Door (Chicago, IL) featuring THE ROAMERS, REATMO, Tempalay and Atomic Stooges.
- Wednesday, March 23 at Federal Bar (Long Beach, CA) featuring THE ROAMERS, REATMO, Tempalay and Atomic Stooges.
- Thursday, March 24 at Rickshaw Stop (San Francisco, CA) featuring THE ROAMERS, REATMO, Tempalay, Atomic Stooges, KAO=s and jungles!!! from Red Bacteria Vacuum.
To buy tickets, head to: http://www.japan-nite.com/